Student Credit Cards with RewardsPosted on February 26th, 2011 | admin
Can You Earn Rewards with a Student Credit Card?
You’ve likely thought as a college student without any credit history to speak of that getting a credit card with rewards points is likely not going to be a possibility.
However if you’ve thought that a student credit card would not offer rewards you’ve got to give your head a shake right now because guess what, there are student credit cards that offer rewards programs for college students.
Typically the biggest difference between a rewards credit card that a highly successful businessman gets and what you as a college student will get is the credit limit for you as a student will be much lower and the rewards may not be as fabulous as somebody that pulls down a few hundred grand a year.
So when you’re looking for student credit card offers don’t settle for anything less than applying with a credit card company that’s going to give you something back.
A caveat to applying for a rewards student credit card is in order to qualify you’re going to need to make sure your credit is clean, if you’ve got a lot a student loan debt looming over your shoulders then you’ll likely not qualify.
However if you’re student loan debt is light or your parents are paying for your education then you need to take advantage of the rewards you can earn while building your credit history at a young age.
What’s the Best Student Credit Card With Rewards?
Before you apply for the student credit we recommend, remember you won’t qualify if you’ve got a poop load of student loans hanging over your head so if you need a credit card for making online purchases or booking flights back home the you should get a prepaid credit card, however if you’re student debt load is light then you really need to take advantage of the best student credit card offer on the market today that will give you rewards on all your purchase
Discover® Student Card
* See the online credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on “Apply Now”, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the issuer’s website.
Best Credit Cards for Young AdultsPosted on January 23rd, 2011 | admin
Best Credit Cards for Young Adults
The best credit cards for young adults to carry depend upon exactly what age the young adult is. If you consider a teenager that’s between the ages of 17 years old to 19 years old a young adult then the best credit cards for them, to help them learn responsible use of credit cards would be prepaid debit cards.
However if you are looking for a credit card offer for a college student then you need to start thinking about establishing a credit history and you need to know that most debit cards don’t have any impact on your credit score so if you are looking for the best credit cards for young adults that are in college then you’ll be want to get a student credit card.
Having said that, if the young adult has never been taught sound budgeting and spending habits the best choice is to apply for and fund a prepaid debit card to ensure the possibility of getting into credit card debt is eliminated because the last thing any college student needs when they graduate from college is having a poor credit score. Employers do check credit scores when hiring new employees so you don’t want the investment in your education to go to waste and be the second runner up for a job because of irresponsible use of credit cards during the college years.
Here are the best credit cards for young adults, the first is an actual student credit card and the second is the best debit card. Again, if you are the young adult or you’re looking for the best credit card option for a young adult in your life, remember to consider the young person’s spending habits and to help them budget start by getting a prepaid debit card first to instill good spending habits before applying for a student credit card.
Best Student Credit Card for Young Adults
Discover® Student Card
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 9 months, then the variable standard purchase APR of 13.99% – 20.99%*
- 5% Cashback Bonus®* in categories that change like travel, gas, groceries, restaurants, home improvement stores and more. Limitations apply*
- Up to 20% Cashback Bonus at popular retailers when you shop online through Discover.com
- Up to 1% unlimited Cashback Bonus on everything else you buy
- $0 Fraud Liability plus mobile and email fraud alert options
- Great rewards with no annual fee, no rewards redemption fee, and no additional card fee
- *Click apply to view rates, fees, rewards, limitations and other important information
Best Debit Card Offer for Young Adults
ACE Elite™ Visa® Prepaid Card
If you have any questions about what the best credit cards for young adults are please go ahead and submit a comment below.
* See the online credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the “Apply Now” button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the issuer’s website.