Best Credit Cards for Young AdultsPosted on January 23rd, 2011 | admin
Best Credit Cards for Young Adults
The best credit cards for young adults to carry depend upon exactly what age the young adult is. If you consider a teenager that’s between the ages of 17 years old to 19 years old a young adult then the best credit cards for them, to help them learn responsible use of credit cards would be prepaid debit cards.
However if you are looking for a credit card offer for a college student then you need to start thinking about establishing a credit history and you need to know that most debit cards don’t have any impact on your credit score so if you are looking for the best credit cards for young adults that are in college then you’ll be want to get a student credit card.
Having said that, if the young adult has never been taught sound budgeting and spending habits the best choice is to apply for and fund a prepaid debit card to ensure the possibility of getting into credit card debt is eliminated because the last thing any college student needs when they graduate from college is having a poor credit score. Employers do check credit scores when hiring new employees so you don’t want the investment in your education to go to waste and be the second runner up for a job because of irresponsible use of credit cards during the college years.
Here are the best credit cards for young adults, the first is an actual student credit card and the second is the best debit card. Again, if you are the young adult or you’re looking for the best credit card option for a young adult in your life, remember to consider the young person’s spending habits and to help them budget start by getting a prepaid debit card first to instill good spending habits before applying for a student credit card.
Best Student Credit Card for Young Adults
Discover® Student Card
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 9 months, then the variable standard purchase APR of 13.99% – 20.99%*
- 5% Cashback Bonus®* in categories that change like travel, gas, groceries, restaurants, home improvement stores and more. Limitations apply*
- Up to 20% Cashback Bonus at popular retailers when you shop online through Discover.com
- Up to 1% unlimited Cashback Bonus on everything else you buy
- $0 Fraud Liability plus mobile and email fraud alert options
- Great rewards with no annual fee, no rewards redemption fee, and no additional card fee
- *Click apply to view rates, fees, rewards, limitations and other important information
Best Debit Card Offer for Young Adults
ACE Elite™ Visa® Prepaid Card
If you have any questions about what the best credit cards for young adults are please go ahead and submit a comment below.
* See the online credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the “Apply Now” button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the issuer’s website.